Judy Rowland

Judy Rowland
Ready to study with me?

Friday, November 5, 2010

Question 6 for Nov. 5th, 2010

What does Hebrews 4:12 suggest as the true source of discerning your thoughts?

Hebrews 4:12 (New International Version)

 12 For the word of God is alive and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart.

It's possible to gain control over your thoughts. God knows your needs, and God's Spirit grants you control. The makeover starts  with your awareness and commitment. It's time to update your closet's wardrobe, so commit your way to God and rely on His powerful Word. Leave a comment below about the two words that stand out to you in this paragraph. This is where we will end today. See ya tomorrow. Also, leave me comments on how you think this new format is working on this blogspot. I can still be looking around for something different if this doesn't work for us. God Bless. 

2 comments:

  1. The true source of discerning our thoughts would be God's Word. God knows our hearts..our thoughts, even our attitudes. Even the ones we don't share with anyone on the outside. Like Jennifer was talking about, the conversations we carry on with ourselves.

    Commit and rely....commit my way to the Lord and rely on His plans, thoughts, and words (Bible) for me. It reminds me that I need to pick up my Bible and read it because it is not going to get into my head all by itself. Christian radio, church, books like Jennifer Rothschild's etc. will play a part of getting it into my head, but the most accessible way is to pick the Bible up and read it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. His word is alive and active! How awesome!

    ReplyDelete