Judy Rowland

Judy Rowland
Ready to study with me?

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Introduction to week 3 Nov. 23rd, 2010

Yeah!!! We are in week 3 of our study!!  Entitled: A Wise Thought Closet

James 3:17 (New American Standard Bible)

 17But the wisdom from above is first pure, then peaceable,  gentle, reasonable, full of mercy and good fruits,  unwavering, without hypocrisy. 

Let's sneak a peek into Kathy Troccoli's thought closet.....

I love to be around Kathy! She's Italian, got a thick New York accent and is a gifted singer/songwriter who communicates warmth and depth as she speaks, sings, and writes books. She's a woman with an issue of.....wisdom!

"I used to think too much with my feelings. When I was bulimic for 10 years, I'd feel "you'll never get well" or  "you'll never be able to get out of this" But God says, "I am a Healer" and  "In Me you are more than a conqueror."

"Many women deal with self-esteem issues: 'I'm not good enough.' Or, 'I don't think God really forgives me.' What happens is they rely on those lies and they bring them down; but there's wisdom in the truth of God, wisdom in His promises. As I've confronted my issues and feelings with truth, I've become wiser. I'm now able to take what I've learned from not being pushed by feelings but instead holding onto truth, and it's made me stronger. I hear it coming out of my mouth as wisdom. I feel like I'm wise in ways I couldn't have been before when I was drowning beneath big waves of emotion." 
To read more from Kathy, check out Selftalksoultalk.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment