Judy Rowland

Judy Rowland
Ready to study with me?

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Question #2 Nov. 17th, 2010

Before I ask about your specific assumptions, sneak a peak into my thought closet, and I'll show you some of mine! 
In college I assumed my worth was measured by my performance. As a result, I filled my thought closet with lots of wrong thinking. Thoughts like no matter how hard you try, you could have done better.Does that sound like a faulty assumption and wrong thinking to you?

Did you tuck away some faulty assumptions as an older teen or young adult? Post three examples.

2 comments:

  1. 1.)I based my value/self worth from the amount of attention I got from others.
    2.)On Jan. 28th, 1986 I assumed there was NO God because of the Space Shuttle Challenger disaster.
    3.)Since I was from a poor family I would never go to college and be a blue collar worker my entire life. So I tried very little in High School.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can relate with the author when she says, "No matter how hard you try, you could have done better."

    I was told as a young mother that I was failing as a wife and mother because I hadn't been going to Sunday School.....it sounds silly now to think that I allowed this false statement to affect me, but I did

    I was called "Porky" as a young teenager by the father of my best friend. He would make statements about my weight continually. I assumed this to be true, and have struggled with always feeling chubby, short and squatty, porky...all of the negative words that he spoke.

    ReplyDelete