Judy Rowland

Judy Rowland
Ready to study with me?

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Question #7 Nov. 17th, 2010

Those words are quite similar, aren't they? In fact, the Latin root of both words is the same: -sumemeaning to take. I wanted you to see the similarity of those two words because Scripture warns against acting with presumption.

Read Psalm 19:13 (NASB) What does the psalmist pray God would keep him from?

Psalm 19:13 (New American Standard Bible)


    13Also keep back Your servant (A)from presumptuous sins;
         Let them not (B)rule over me;
         Then I will be [a](C)blameless,
         And I shall be acquitted of (D)great transgression. 


2 comments:

  1. presumptuous sins.....so if I apply the definition from presume to this it would mean that this was sin that I thought I had a right to commit? Sin that I felt justified in committing?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The NLT says, "Keep me from deliberate sins! Don't let them control me. THen I will be free from guilt and innocent of great sin".

    ReplyDelete