Judy Rowland

Judy Rowland
Ready to study with me?

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Question #8

Measure your fear of the Lord by the way you answer the following questions. 
  1. Do you say the name of God casually? For example, "Oh, Lord!" or "Oh my God!" *Never *Sometimes *Often *Always
  2. How do you feel when you hear someone say God's name as profanity? *don't notice *doesn't bother me *bothers me a little * bothers me a lot * breaks my heart
  3. Do you consider your clothes an act of worship? *never think about it  *sometimes * depends on the place I'm going * always
  4. What times or places do you consider sacred? *church only * Christian gatherings * patriotic events only *everywhere
  5. Does your conversation reflect reverence for God? *never *sometimes *often *always
  6. Do your entertainment selections reveal that all of life is sacred? *never *sometimes *often *always
  7. Does your life demonstrate the character of God? *never *sometimes *often *always
Notice how you responded to the questions above. Are you satisfied with the answers you gave? Ask God to lead you to repentance and/or greater dependence on Him concerning the areas where you lack reverence for Him. If you feel comfortable posting your answers you may. If not, make this a self assessment between you and God. 

4 comments:

  1. 1. Sometimes
    2. Breaks my heart...I can't stand to hear God's name used with profanity or taken in vain
    3. Always. I never want to dress in a way that is inappropriate or a stumbling block.
    4. I want to say "everywhere", but I know there are times that my actions/thoughts/words do not speak "sacred"
    5. Sometimes
    6. Often
    7. Often

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1. Sometimes
    2.I always notice and it bothers me a lot, but it only breaks my heart sometimes and I think it is because of the shear prevalence of how often we are bombarded with it in our everyday lives. If we are not careful we will be "used" to it.
    3. I have struggled many times with being "cute" over modesty. I hope and pray that I am making strides in this area.
    4.Everywhere should be sacred, but sometimes it is not.
    5. Sometimes
    6.Often, but sometimes it doesn't
    7.Often, but sometimes it doesn't

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1. sometimes
    2. always notice and breaks my heart
    3. modesty is the key to how i dress
    4. all the time, every where
    5. Sometime, i slip when i get angry..i started using the word, "drat" when i get mad and my grand daughter told me this was an old english cuss word.
    6. Often
    7. Often, but i so desire to reflect his character all the time

    Still having trouble getting on so i am trying to answer this one question to see if it will let me on tonight..yeah you are all sleeping away and or i hope you are. it is 6:30 MOnday evening.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey it let me post...great, see look forward to next week lesson....i wont' go back and answer the other questions, just keep following you wise hearted women...have a great monday

    ReplyDelete