Judy Rowland

Judy Rowland
Ready to study with me?

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Question #7

Jesus identified the Holy Spirit as a Helper (NASB). The Greek word used is parakletos (paraclete). The apostle John recorded Jesus' using the word four times to classify the Holy Spirit's work. Paraclete carries an assortment of meanings: Advocate, Defender, Helper, Comforter, and Counselor.

List the activities of the Holy Spirit in believers as revealed in the following verses.

John 14:16 (New International Version, ©2010)

16 And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another advocate to help you and be with you forever—

John 14:26 (New International Version, ©2010)

26 But the Advocate, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you.

John 16:13 (New International Version, ©2010)

13 But when he, the Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide you into all the truth. He will not speak on his own; he will speak only what he hears, and he will tell you what is yet to come.

Copy and paste for your answer...

John 14:16
John 14:26
John 16:13  

2 comments:

  1. John 14:16 Help me and be with me forever!
    John 14:26 Teach me all things and remind me of everything that Jesus/Word has said to me!
    John 16:13 Guide me into all truth, and tell me what is yet to come!

    ReplyDelete
  2. John 14:16-He is my helper and will never leave me
    John 14:26-He will teach me and remind me of everything He has said to me
    John 16:13-He is truth and will guide me into all truth

    ReplyDelete