Judy Rowland

Judy Rowland
Ready to study with me?

Monday, November 29, 2010

Question #1 Nov. 29th, 2010

Okay, we will start where we left off....Wisdom. "When we walk with wisdom, it will wear off on us."

Once again, the Book of Proverbs advises us that "Wisdom is with those who receive counsel," and "a wise man is he who listens to counsel." (Proverbs 13:10; 12:15)

Often we need to take time to listen to others, learn from their mistakes and experiences, and recognize they struggle too. That's why we occasionally peek into another woman's thought closet. They can become wise guides in our lives. Do you have a wise guide (and it should be a female unless it's your husband, father, or brother)?

Describe your wise guide or the woman you will ask God to bring into your life to serve in this capacity.

How does she encourage wisdom in your life? 

4 comments:

  1. My Mom is my wise guide. From the time I was a small girl she always taught us (I have 2 sisters) that we always need to use wisdom, not worldy wisdom, but Godly wisdom! Oh how true that is! I am so thankful for her love and wise counsel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOOPS!! So sorry...didn't realize Canaan was signed in and not me. This post is from me....although he would be wise to listen to his mama's wisdom too :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Canaan? or Michele? I really hope that my kids could say that about me some day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Funny!!!

    My mom is more of a baby Christian than I am. I do take her advice on lots of things, but feel wiser than her in others. My wise guide is my best friend Tracy Carrico. I used to think that a wise guide would have to be someone older than me. Not any more. I have gained wisdom from many women younger than me and taken their advise! Also, the examples of other Christian Women that have gone before us and whose lives we can read about in the Bible and other historic books.

    ReplyDelete