Judy Rowland

Judy Rowland
Ready to study with me?

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Question #2 Nov. 10th, 2010

Worry-filled meditation never leads to liberty.  It turns your thought closet into a prison filled with life-choking weeds. That's why God warns against dwelling on anxious thoughts. 

In Philippians 4:8 we find help to focus our meditations. Post the categories within which we should meditate:

Philippians 4:8 (New International Version)

 8 Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things. 

If it is _______, I will meditate on it.
If it is _______, I will think about it today.
If it is_______, I will dwell on it today.
If it is_______, I will fix my thoughts on it.
If it is_______, I will give it shelf space in my thought closet.
If it is_________, I will meditate on it today.
If it is_________, I will let it be the soundtrack in my thought closet. 
If it is_______ ________, I will deliberate in it today. 

****I told you we would get to my favorite verse today and that is it. I memorized this in KJV and it has helped me by reciting it sooooo many times. So just for me.....here it is in KJV!!**** 

Philippians 4:8-9 (King James Version)


 8Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.
 9Those things, which ye have both learned, and received, and heard, and seen in me, do: and the God of peace shall be with you.

I am smiling....:)

3 comments:

  1. I love these verses! The footnote in my bible (NLT Life Application Bible) was great and goes along with our study.
    "What we put into our mind determines what comes out in our words and actions. Paul tells us to program our mind with thoughts that are true, honorable, right, pure, lovely, admirable, excellent and worthy of praise. Examine what you are putting into your mind through television, books, conversations, movies and magazines. Replace harmful input with wholesome material. Above all, read God's Word and pray. Ask GOd to help you focus your mind on what is good and pure. It takes practice, but it can be done."

    ReplyDelete
  2. If it is _True______, I will meditate on it.
    If it is _Noble______, I will think about it today.
    If it is__Right_____, I will dwell on it today.
    If it is__Pure_____, I will fix my thoughts on it.
    If it is__Lovely_____, I will give it shelf space in my thought closet.
    If it is_____admirable____, I will meditate on it today.
    If it is_____Excellent____, I will let it be the soundtrack in my thought closet.
    If it is___Praise____ _Worthy______, I will deliberate in it today.

    ReplyDelete