Judy Rowland

Judy Rowland
Ready to study with me?

Friday, November 5, 2010

Starting where we left off. Nov. 5th 1st Question

Were capable of having a very dark thought closet without the light of Christ illuminating  our minds. Now contrast the potential of human thoughts with the reality of God's thoughts. List God's thoughts as described in each verse...

Psalm 40:5 (New American Standard Bible)


    5Many, O LORD my God, are (A)the wonders which You have done,
         And Your (B)thoughts toward us;
         There is none to compare with You
         If I would declare and speak of them,
         They (C)would be too numerous to count.

Psalm 92:5 (New King James Version)


 5 O LORD, how great are Your works!
         Your thoughts are very deep.

Psalm 139:17 (New King James Version)


 17 How precious also are Your thoughts to me, O God!
         How great is the sum of them!

Isaiah 55:9 (New International Version)


9 “As the heavens are higher than the earth,
   so are my ways higher than your ways
   and my thoughts than your thoughts.

Jeremiah 29:11 (New King James Version)

11 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the LORD, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope.

1 comment:

  1. Jer. 29:11 God thinks peaceful things about me and my future, and If He can have hope for my future then so should I!

    Is. 55:9 God sees the big picture because His view point has the advantage over mine. His thoughts are higher than mine!

    Ps. 139:17 I love this because it says that God thinks precious thoughts about me often!

    Ps. 92:5 His thoughts are deep- full of knowledge, insight, discernment, and understanding that I couldn't possibly know about! should breed trust for God in me!

    Ps. 40:5 Wow! His thoughts towards me are too numerous to count! I'm speechless.

    ReplyDelete