Judy Rowland

Judy Rowland
Ready to study with me?

Monday, November 8, 2010

Question #8 Nov. 8th, 2010

Did you notice that Paul told us to focus our minds on things above and God described His thoughts as above?
We tend to be conversant about things beneath, while God dwells and meditates on things above. To begin to have a thought closet that looks like God's, we must have a soundtrack playing within that is written in the highest key possible! Meditation is based on things above, not on things below.
As you commit your way to God and rely on His Word, you begin to supply the content of your meditation with that which the Israelite psalmist did in Psalm 119----God's wonders and God's Word. This will focus your mind on things above.

Post a prayer asking God to help you focus.

2 comments:

  1. Father God,
    It is abundantly clear to me, that my thoughts are not your thoughts, and your thoughts are higher than mine. I want that to change. I would love to begin to have your thoughts to be the soundtrack of my thought closet. Help me, Lord to focus on the things that your would have me focus on. Your Wonders, Your Word, Your precepts, Your promises, Your decrees! When I don't see them, and they don't come to my mind Lord prompt my thoughts with the whisper of the Holy Spirit. Help me to hear and listen and focus on the things Your Spirit bring to my mind....truth...the truth will set me free! Amen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lord Jesus,
    My thoughts are so filled with the things here on earth. Even as I sit here reading the study for today and reading your Word, it is a struggle to take my thoughts captive and focus on YOU instead of what needs to be done, etc. I ask your forgiveness and I ask that You help me to meditate on the things above.....I can only accomplish with Your help and Your strength. In Jesus Name...Amen!

    ReplyDelete