Judy Rowland

Judy Rowland
Ready to study with me?

Monday, January 17, 2011

Question #5

These are all simple ways to tell your soul to forget not, to look back and remember---and we all need them. Otherwise our thought closets get crammed with lies, clutter, and worries.

I don't think Asaph had pebbles in his pocket, or sticky notes, but I do know he had one accessory in his thought closet that helped him to remember, and you have the same accessory---the ability to choose. He chose to remember, disciplined himself to remember, and willed his soul to remember.

Read what Asaph wrote in Psalms 77:6, 11, 12. In your Bible, circle each time he said "I will" or "I shall."

Psalm 77:6 (New International Version, ©2010)


6 I remembered my songs in the night.
   My heart meditated and my spirit asked: 

Psalm 77:11 (New International Version, ©2010)


11 I will remember the deeds of the LORD;
   yes, I will remember your miracles of long ago.

Psalm 77:12 (New International Version, ©2010)


12 I will consider all your works
   and meditate on all your mighty deeds.” 

What song will you remember tonight?
What will you dwell on and ponder today?
What deeds of God will you remember today?
What wonder of God will you intentionally recall today?
Which of God's works or deeds will you muse on today?


  

No comments:

Post a Comment