Judy Rowland

Judy Rowland
Ready to study with me?

Monday, January 17, 2011

Question #3

I use several things to help me forget not God's benefits and to keep my thought closet in order. One is a beautiful stone with a deep thumb-sized impression in its center. My dad used to say it was from him constantly rubbing his thumb on the rock as he worried about me. He gave it to me when I was in my teens as a reminder that I could cast all my worries on God because God cared for me.
When I began speaking and teaching, I carried the special pebble in my purse or pocket to help ease my nerves. Whenever I'd search my purse or put my hands in my pockets, I'd feel the stone, and it would remind me not to worry.
What do you use to help you remember truth and what really matters? Do you carry photos? Do you keep Scripture verses or quotes posted in your home or office?

Describe your memory prompts and how they remind you of God's benefits.

1 comment:

  1. One of mine is a sticker I keep in my Bible that says "Pay Attention" It almost landed on my forehead at the skate park. It reminds me that when God speaks I need to be listening. I need to "Pay Attention" because He could send me messages everywhere and anywhere at any time. He could send me opportunities to join Him in His work and I need to pay attention and be ready.

    ReplyDelete